Sunday 3 October 2010

the BIG news



gene and i are moving to new zealand!!!

the stars are aligned, the synchronicities of events leading towards our dream is unfolding magically. i didn't want to announce it here until we're really certain about this big decision, and yes, now we can confidently say that "we are ready!" remember the mondo beyondo list i did in march here? moving to new zealand was at the top of my list and woohoo hoo... it's happening!

both gene's parents and mine have given their full blessings for the big move.

we will be engaging christopher noakes, consultant from immagine to help us with the process and it will take about 12-18 months before we get there. we met chris monday to access our eligibility to migrate, and we exceeded the qualification needed and chris was even confident that a residency was almost a guaranteed! yay!

we have been talking nothing much except new zealand after that monday. it will be a big change! leaving everything behind to start a new life is a BIG decision. but our hearts are already there and the calling is stronger now than ever. we have been thinking about it for a couple of years now and well, the mondo beyondo faeries are finally answering our calls.

there will be lots to do from now on, we are praying that it will be a smooth and easy transition for us. the to do list is getting longer and longer!! yikes!

new life, new opportunities, new adventure! exciting!! i'll probably be blogging about our BIG MOVE as well, so hope that you will join us on our journey!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so happy for you :) Beyond words! You were just talking about it few months back and now...wow!

    ~ Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super-fantastic!! I didn't know this was on your MB list... it's very inspiring to see your dreams come true xxx keep in touch, looking forward to following your move on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Best!

    Will definitely see you there one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Such amazing news! So happy for you and can't wait to hear all the details as they unfold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Graham and I are so excited for you and Gene. Imagine...a residency almost guaranteed!! Wow...the New Zealanders are really treating you well.

    I'm so happy your dreams about New Zealand will come true...I am looking forward to reading about your move and just can't wait for the photos! I know they will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!

    I've always wanted to visit New Zealand; there's just something about it which sounds so nice.

    It's wonderful that you both are following your hearts and having the courage to make this big change. I see all sorts of great things coming your way there.

    And of course I'll look forward to seeing your pictures of your life in New Zealand! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison!!!Alison!!! I am so, so, so, so very happy for you and eugene!!!! WOW! WHOA!The universe is supporting you and I'm so happy you are "taking flight"! :)
    Thanks for all your support for my mondo beyondos...you are a little dream angel and you deserve for your dreams to come true. Yay!!! Can't wait to hear more :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I do not know what to say! You have been dreaming of travelling in New Zealand many many years ago but now, you actually migrate and live there!! Wow, I am so happy for you!! :"DD Wow! Wow! Wow! I am very excited and happy for you!

    Let's meet up before you go to New Zealand if possible :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, it's the one country that I've never been too but always wanted to visit! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Alison, fantastic news!! This is such a wonderful opportunity for you and your love one!! And to check off an item in your dream list is just pure JOY! A call for celebraion! New Zealand...wow...awesome. :) I am so happy for you! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! What BIG, huge Mondo Beyondo news!! I am so happy for the both of you dear Alison..I have heard such amazing things about New Zealand. It is beautiful!! I will be loving seeing how your journey unfolds...all the best wishes to a super fantastic person xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi everyone: thank you sooooo much for your kind words and love, melts my heart, i really do appreciate you dropping us your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news and all the best!!
    I immigrated from Africa to Australia!
    Love it here, so so much opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.