finally i made the blue pea flowers into cool blue colored drink! no artificial coloring, all natural... from little plant pots in my back yard, i feel so happy for my little achievement.
thought i'd give it a name, how about "deep blue sea" or "poseidon's tuft"? hah!
it's pretty simple to make.
- blue pea flowers (i had about 20 collected in a span of few days, kept refrigerated)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 small pandan leaves tie into knots (for that great aroma and tinge of pandan taste).
- mint leaves for decorating
put blue pea flowers and pandan leaves in pot of water and bring to boil, simmer for about 10 minutes. let it cool. add sugar syrup or honey for sweetness. since the weather is close to 40°C these days, i add lots of ice! fish shape ice seems fitting!
half year on and i've read:
- steve jobs
- the borrowers series (5 books)
- chronicles of narnia (7 books)
- percy jackson series (5 books)
- eclectic light (a collection of short stories)
- chariots of the gods
- return to the stars
- the wonderful wizard of oz (just finished)
i think harry potter series is still my favorite!
on my bedside table:
- the power of now.
coffee table in the living room:
- the dhammapada by ven. dr. k. sri dhammananda
- stories of the navagraha, the nine planets of destiny by nesa arumugam (my friend rekha's mom lend it to me).
- come on, people by bill cosby
- and various home magazines for eye candy