Wednesday 10 July 2013

Huia journal


Male Huia, this beautiful bird has gone extinct in New Zealand in the early 1900s. It is regarded sacred by the Maori culture. You can read and see them here. Both male and female are exquisitely beautiful.

When I first saw this lovely Huia patch from Emily of Millicent Crow at the Auckland Art and Craft Fair, I knew I had to make it into a journal and I love, love, love how it turn out. I am thinking of getting the female bird patch for a complete set. There's a set in her Felt shop here. It could be a - For Him and For Her kind of journal pair.

It is fun to be able to learn something new while making journals :)

 Kiki is doing great. Lately she has the habit of sleeping ON me in the mornings. I'd wake up feeling heavy on my chest only to find her curling and sleeping on me. Well, no complains there at least she keeps me warm, haha! I'm still on with the project - 100 Days of Kiki.  

My next craft market:
20 July 2013 - Crafternoon Tea Market, 10am - 2pm

2 comments:

  1. There's lots of unique fauna and flora, such as the kiwi, there which I'm sure you find to use like that.
    Good to know, and see, that Kiki is doing great. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll keep my eyes open for them for sure.

      Have a great weekend Flighty! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.