Monday 12 January 2015

Shibori Tie Dye Notebooks + Full Summer

As the week rolls on in the height of summer, things are looking good despite the temperature going up. Thank goodness for fan!


These Shibori tie dye notebooks are finally listed in my Etsy shop. I love the patterns from the hand dyed fabric. This might sound a bit strange but I feel so attracted to the patterns as if I'm looking at stars or suns or something out there in the universe.


Currently making upcycled notebooks. Cutting from all the boxes I've collected and some given by friends.

Using whatever fabric scraps that is in my stash, even the tests woodblock prints are used. This is for a project I'm working on which I will reveal when the time is right.

Moving on to the garden...

Summer in full swing.


Pyrethrum.


Marigolds - Flighty's Favourite, this one has to be my favourite! The orange colour is stunning!


In the veggie patch, I'm still picking kale! I've tried stir fry, kale salad, kale chips, kale in pizza, yum! I love this veggie!


And we have beans!


Right now enjoying watching the capsicum grow day by day and waiting patiently to harvest them. Soon, very soon.

Have a good week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you busy with the notebooks. You must be well pleased that the garden is looking good, with plenty of flowers and vegetables. I really like that orange pot marigold photo.
    Thanks, and you too. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with the garden, though some vegetables didn't quite make it like the cabbage and broccoli, but that's ok. We (including the birds, bugs and bees) are enjoying the garden :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.