Monday 19 January 2015

Upcycled notebooks, new journals and Gene's woodwork

I finally completed the little upcycled notebooks.

What a relief. Hopefully they'll travel safe to the destination.

I've also listed some new journals in my Etsy shop. The fabric from these books were gifted to me by my mother-in-law last Christmas.

Little black book.


Sweet roses journal which I think would make a nice gift as valentines present.


Another bright and colourful floral journal.

Gene has been having fun making things in the garage. Such a creative and talented maker in his own way. Thought I'd show you his creations this week.

His first big project was a table and benches for the deck which completed just in time for Christmas when his family arrived.


He made this nice trolley for me, perfect for putting my tools and supplies in the studio.


Kiki has got her own cat post corner now.


A planter box. I think I shall put this one on the deck, though we still need to get a suitable plant for it.


This one was made just yesterday. A garden tool caddy for me! Made from leftover wood. I love it!

Sometimes he'll come home with orphaned wood pieces, recently a bed frame, a table top and other wood picked up from who knows where. He's very clever in making things with wood, it's like playing lego, putting pieces together, only much better :)

2 comments:

  1. There's lot of choice with the notebooks, and I like the journal covers. Well done Gene, I'm really impressed with all these!
    Is that some cosmos flowers I see behind the tool caddy? Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, Flighty, the cosmos are flowering now, such big flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.