Friday 25 March 2016

Collage Day - Journaling prompt week 13


This week's journaling prompt - Collage Day

It's time for making a mess again, I do love the tactile experience of looking through magazines, cutting, arranging, gluing, stamping, painting, sketching, looking through my stash to see what else I can adorn my journal with. It's a pretty fulfilling experience, sometimes it never feels complete, which is the beauty of it, you can always change it.


For me as a bookbinder, I have to be very careful in my work, crafting a journal requires attention and detail and there are steps to follow and to do it systematically, so when I get to draw and collage in my journal, it is with wild abandon, I get to be free to do what I like (in a book that I made in the opposite manner). Liberating really. It's like a balancing act.

This weekend, bring out your out old magazines, greeting cards, letters, stamps and whatever you can fine and spend some time collaging your journal. Have a fun time!

If you would like to share your journaling journey with me, leave a comment below with a link to your blog or on my facebook page. For instagram, you can find me @mettaville and tag #mettajournaling. 

This will be the last of the journaling prompt series. I do hope it has inspired you to scribble in your journal and continue to do so. I am looking forward to sharing something new in the coming blog posts.

*****

New in my Etsy shop this week.


A faux leather and shibori journal. I found a long piece of shibori fabric in my scrap stash, an off cut from the guest book than I had made earlier. I think the brown faux leather and shibori works well together.


A small travel journal. A hand stamped mandala that I stitched on to a green linen fabric to make the front cover. A wrap closure of braided cotton twine.

 *******

Happy journaling! 

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.