Friday 1 September 2017

Something new in the studio

Spring is almost here and so much to look forward to. I have a long to do list and slowly making my way to crossing each task. One thing at a time.

Listing more journals in my Etsy shop.


Including this journal with a circle, reminds me of the recent total solar eclipse. It is listed here.


Current view of the studio. I bought an old pre-loved book press (black metal on the white cupboard) a couple of months ago and I'm so happy as it is one of my wish list. It makes me feel like a little grown up bookbinder. My old "bookpress" is made up of two wooden boards with heavy books on top (beside the black bookpress), that I still use.


I'm working on a custom order at the moment, a faux leather journal with magnetic closure, something that I have not done before. The customer wants a piece of shibori fabric on it. It is still a work in progress and it has evolved from my initial design. I'm fortunate that the customer has given me the freedom to create with just a few request.

I try to keep waste to a minimum, tiny fabric scraps are kept aside in a container, those will be used for stuffing my cat soft toy.

Meanwhile, in the garden....

Tulips are in bloom. A soft pink one...


And a bright red one which is in its last days before the petals come apart. I wonder if the burgundy tulip will bloom this year. I do love the rich colour of that. I think the position of the planter is not ideal as it catches the evening sun instead of the morning sun. I'll have to shift the pots around later.

Have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Thank you for your comment.