Friday 6 October 2017

Kiwiana journals and cherry blossoms

I managed to list some new journals in my Etsy shop this week.

A tui journal, kiwi's favourite bird.


A New Zealand map journal, great for anyone who loves New Zealand, or a traveller to write down his or her adventure in this beautiful country.

Both are made from hand stamping the art on white cotton fabric and sewn onto a black linen fabric. All the fabric are either given by friends or bought from the op shop (thrift store).


This week I've managed to cut more fabric, time to prepare for the Christmas season, I'm looking forward to attending General Collective Market on 5 November and Michael Park School Fair which will be on 11 November and hopefully Titirangi Village Market on 26 November. The hall that caught fire is still under repair, so hopefully it wil be ready by then so everyone can do their Christmas shopping.

I took some time off to visit Cornwall Park in Epsom today, the cherry blossoms are in bloom, I have to have a look, and of course it is a great opportunity to take some photos. I was not dissapointed. It was spectacular!






I will have to return and venture the rest of the park another day.

The weather forecast does not look good for gardening this weekend, but we shall see... I might get lucky even for just a couple of hours.

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of the blossom. I hope that the weather is better than forecast and you do get to do some gardening.
    Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flighty. This weekend is much better as I got some work done in the garden.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.