Sunday 6 May 2007

mantra


cd version - gayatri mantra, deva premal & miten

today’s affirmation:
i am responsible for my life and always maintain the power i need to be positive and have joy

when i first heard her version of gayatri mantra, this beautifully light crafted chant, i felt so peaceful. i was tamed by her gorgeous voice and music. deva premal is exquisite!

about two weeks ago, i was all alone at home, it was late and i just couldn't get a shut eye. feeling rather restless, i listened to deva, she was simply divine, soothing, and her music calmed my inner turmoil, my tensed body relaxed, my heart melted and softened. after a few repeats i started 'singing' along, with eyes closed, i feel and filled the flow and rhythm, slowly my inner turmoil dissolved and i was being enveloped by a feeling of joy. my heart felt lighter as if a burden has been lifted. by the third repeat, i was already smiling and felt much better.

deva premal and miten. wow!

here's a live version of the duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.