Friday 29 September 2017

I did something that cannot be undone

In my enthusiasm of doing spring cleaning offline and online, I accidentally deleted all my photos on blogger/google photo, hence the missing photos on all my blog posts, I don't think I can undo it. I have only managed to upload again photos for the last blog post, I don't think I have the time and energy to do the rest. Photos from 2005 to date, all gone!

Anyways, what is done is done. I'll just have to continue on.


Freshly made journals. This has taken me a while to complete but they are finally done and I'll be listing them in my Etsy shop in the coming days.


Including this cute dog journal, I have actually made up a character for this little guy, all the details of his character came to me while I was going to sleep (as they do), so I had to wake up and quickly jot them down on my phone before I forget. Here's an introduction taken from my instagram post.

Meet Douglas McBark, literary dog, some say he's a hipster. Douglas is an archaeologist who loves digging up “artefacts”. He enjoys yoga too, especially loves the downward dog pose. His hobby includes stamp collecting, from all the letters he gets from the postmen he chased. Naughty Doug! 


And of course there is a cat journal.

Here is Charles de Purr, literary cat. Literally. Charles (or Charlie by affection) is a language professor who speaks 9 languages (including a bird tweet). He has written 7 books including best seller “How to Brew Catnip Beer” and his latest release “Best Back Alley Bars in Auckland”. He loves gardening (growing catnip) and meditation, preferably facing the sun and Charlie always begins and ends with sun salutation. Oh, don't let his liquor fad bother you, he is rather sober. How? That is a secret you'll have to ask him ;)

It was really fun creating these two characters. I could go on and on. How Charlie and Doug are good friends and always meet for chats, and beer. But I'll stop here.

I completed September's bookmaking class this afternoon, it has been a very fun four weeks of book making. I truly enjoyed myself, as did the participants. 

These are the books created by the participants. I did the yellow kowhai flowers and the Maori portrait on right.


A close up on the books. Everyone was very pleased with their books. A weekly class is more relax than a day workshop, and participants get to bring home to work on their books before the next class, which I think helps them to be more creative and brave to add extras on their books, like the "Spring" journal where beads were sewn onto the spine, that could not have been done on a day workshop.


The details of the beaded spine. The colour combination to match the flower on front cover was well executed.


Decorated covers both front and back. A japanese themed journal that is truly beautiful outside and inside. We also managed to do more decorating on the inside pages with collage, stamps and gluing all sorts of tickets, postcards and photos.

I'll be having my next bookmaking class in October and may well be my last for the year as I will be busy preparing for Christmas markets in November and December.

Have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, but perhaps a fresh start isn't such a bad thing. The journals and books look good.
    Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to re-post some photos, fortunately all is not lost, the older photos are links from flickr which is still intact.

      Thanks Flighty, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.